Saturday, April 7, 2007

In memory of Joe Strummer

He really managed to touch me.




I remember seeing the documentary that made me avare of a group called The Clash. I remember being fascinated and drawn to Joe Strummer. He spoke to me, he touched me. I remember buying my first The Clash cd, it was The Essential Clash. I remember getting back into the car, excited about the newly perchased coolness. I remember the feeling of devestation as the booklet informed me that he had passed away. I had my walkman with me and I started listening to the second song. I checked the songs out, and then landed on Straight to hell. My heart just bursted. I got home and I started crying. I hadn't wanted to let my mother (who was with me in the car) to see me cry. I'd only seen him in a documentary...yet I got home and I was crushed. That's Joe Strummer, he's special, he touches people. I love this guy, I don't know him at all, and I don't know the real person he was, but I do love him.









It took me a while to get over the loss, it took me a while until I could listen to his voice without grieving the loss. I can still sometimes miss the chance to have met him, or to have gotten more music out of him, seeing him change and develop more as he grew older. I feel sorry for his family, for his wife and daughters, for relatives and friends, for all the fans that miss him. As I said, I don't know him in any way, I still know he was a blessing for us while he was alive.








So what I'm trying to say is, he totally rocks dude!! I love him, he's got so great music, he was a wonderful man and there are people out there right now missing him, sending out a blessing for him, thanking him for what he did in their lives.





I thank you Joe, thank you for being in my life. Thank you for the music. God bless you and may you rest in peace.






Did anybody start crying yet?





1 comment:

Michael Eckersley said...

Thanks so much for this entry